You are invited to take one or more of our online classes in Sustainable Food and Farming, either individually or toward completion of the UMass 15-credit Certificate Program. ———————————————————————————-
To register for a class, follow the link for the specific class that interests you below and look for the link “register here”.
Registration for the winter term is now open.
Winter Courses (December 21 – January 16, 2016)
- STOCKSCH 100 – Botany for Gardeners (GenEd-BS)
- STOCKSCH 197 A – Backyard Homesteading
- STOCKSCH 258 – Urban Agriculture
- STOCKSCH 355 – Community Food Systems
- STOCKSCH 397 ES – Exploring Success in Sustainability
- STOCKSCH 397NP – Non-profit Management for Community Food Programs
Registration for spring semester is now open.
Spring Courses (January 19 – April 27, 2016)
- STOCKSCH 197 G – Introduction to Permaculture
- STOCKSCH 265 – Sustainable Agriculture
- STOCKSCH 297 PP – Pastured Poultry
- STOCKSCH 297 FP – Farm Planning, Marketing & Management
- STOCKSCH 397 GF – Global Food Systems
- STOCKSCH 397 S – Sustainable Site Planning and Design
- STOCKSCH 397 SP – Social Permaculture for Food Justice
To begin planning for the future, see….
For a list of all courses offered online, see: Sustainable Food and Farming Online Certificate classes. UMass Amherst students are welcome to take classes on campus in the Stockbridge School of Agriculture toward fulfillment of the degree. Watch for the new Associate of Science Online degree which will become available in September 2016.
NOTE: The UMass Sustainable Food and Farming Certificate has been declared eligible for Veterans Educational Benefits. For instructions see: Veterans Benefits.
If you are not interested in earning college credit, there are many non-credited workshops and short courses you can take outside of the university. For a list see: non-university workshops and courses.