104 North Pleasant St., Downtown, Amherst MA
Several unpaid internship opportunities are available for spring semester. UMass and Five College students may earn one credit (pass/fail) for working 3-4 hours a week or 2 credits for 8 hours. Among the opportunities are:
- Daily Customer Service – (minimum 4 hours per week) greet customers and help them find products, check out, and answer questions about the coop.
- Apprentice Assistant Manager – (minimum of 8 hour per week) work with the management team to learn tosupport volunteers, work with vendors, make decisions regarding products.
- Social Media Marketing – (minimum 3 hours per week) regular posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram highlighting products and local vendors.
- Graphic artist – (minimum 3 hours a week) develop infographic materials needed for marketing purposes; posters, stickers, and other promotional materials for the coop.
- Newsletter writers – (minimum 3 hours a week) interview producers and write a short article for the electronic newsletter.
- Cooking and Baking – (minimum 4 hours per week) learn to make value added products for sale in the market.
- Workshop Support – manage weekly Sustainability Sunday educational workshops (must be available from 1:30pm-4:30pm on Sunday afternoons).
For more contact John Gerber. Credit must be arranged before January 30 for the spring semester.