You are invited to take one or more of our online classes in Sustainable Food and Farming, either individually or toward completion of the UMass 15-credit Certificate Program or our 60-credit Associate of Science degree or our fully online B.S. degree. These credits also transfer to other universities and colleges.
To register for a class, follow the link for the specific class that interests you below and look for the link “register here”. Unless you are a matriculated UMass Amherst student, you should register as a “non-degree” student (this includes all Certificate students).
Winter enrollment opens on October 18!
- STOCKSCH 100 – Botany for Gardeners (GenEd-BS – 4cr)
- STOCKSCH 119 – Backyard Homesteading
- STOCSKSCH 190 M – Intro to Mushroom Culture (1 cr. – new)
- STOCKSCH 297 FL – Intro to Food and Agricultural Law
- STOCKSCH 354 – Non-profit Management for Community Food Programs
- STOCKSCH 379 – Agricultural Systems Thinking (new – satisfies IE requirement for SFF BS students at UMass)
- STOCKSCH 397 PB – Pollinator Biology and Habitat (1 credit; new)
To begin planning for the future, see….
NOTE: The UMass Sustainable Food and Farming Certificate has been declared eligible for Veterans Educational Benefits. For instructions see: Veterans Benefits.
COST: The online classes in the Stockbridge School of Agriculture cost $482 per credit. Students accepted into the Associate of Science degree may have access to financial aid. For more information, see: Financial Aid.
Other Options: If you are interested in a graduate level online Certificate, please see the Tufts University program. If you are not interested in earning college credit, there are many non-credited workshops and short courses you can take outside of the university. For a list see: non-university workshops and courses.