You are invited to take one or more of our online classes in Sustainable Food and Farming, either individually or toward completion of the UMass 15-credit Certificate Program or our 60-credit Associate of Science degree. These credits also transfer to other universities and colleges.
To register for a class, follow the link for the specific class that interests you below and look for the link “register here”. Unless you are a matriculated UMass Amherst student, you should register as a “non-degree” student (this includes all Certificate students).
Winter Term (enroll after October 19)
- STOCKSCH 100 – Botany for Gardeners (GenEd-BS)
- STOCKSCH 119 – Backyard Homesteading
- STOCKSCH 297 FL – Intro to Food and Agricultural Law (new)
- STOCKSCH 355 – Community Food Systems
- STOCKSCH 397FV – Postharvest Handling of Fruits and Vegetables: from farm to table
- STOCKSCH 354 – Non-profit Management for Community Food Programs
- STOCKSCH 186 – Introduction to Permaculture
- STOCKSCH 211 – Pasture Management (new)
- STOCKSCH 265 – Sustainable Agriculture
- STOCKSCH 297 PA – Pastured Poultry
- STOCKSCH 266 – Managing the Small Farm Enterprise
- STOCKSCH 290 FI – Forest Incomes for the Small Farm (new)
- STOCKSCH 290 F – Holistic Fruit Production (new)
- STOCKSCH 290 W – Organic Weed Control (new)
- STOCKSCH 386 – Sustainable Site Planning and Design
- STOCKSCH 387 – Global Food Systems
- STOCKSCH 397 FJ – Social Permaculture for Food Justice
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR COURSES
To begin planning for the future, see….
NOTE: The UMass Sustainable Food and Farming Certificate has been declared eligible for Veterans Educational Benefits. For instructions see: Veterans Benefits.
COST: The online classes in the Stockbridge School of Agriculture cost $472 per credit. Students accepted into the Associate of Science degree may have access to financial aid. For more information, see: Financial Aid.
If you are not interested in earning college credit, there are many non-credited workshops and short courses you can take outside of the university. For a list see: non-university workshops and courses.