You are invited to take one or more of our online classes in Sustainable Food and Farming, either individually or toward completion of the UMass 15-credit Certificate Program or our 60-credit Associate of Science degree. These credits also transfer to other universities and colleges.
To register for a class, follow the link for the specific class that interests you below and look for the link “register here”. Unless you are a matriculated UMass Amherst student, you should register as a “non-degree” student (this includes all Certificate students).
Fall classes start on September 5!
- STOCKSCH 106 – Soil Science and Management
- STOCKSCH 108 – Intro to Botany (4 credits)
- STOCKSCH 166 – Practical Beekeeping (new)
- STOCKSCH 172 – Plants in Our World (GenEd; BS & G)
- STOCKSCH 190 D – Raising Dairy Goats Sustainably
- STOCKSCH 320 – Organic Vegetable Production
- STOCKSCH 397 D – Integrated Pest Management (new)
- STOCKSCH 497 D – Sustainable Site Design Studio (2 credits)
To begin planning for the future, see….
NOTE: The UMass Sustainable Food and Farming Certificate has been declared eligible for Veterans Educational Benefits. For instructions see: Veterans Benefits.
COST: The online classes in the Stockbridge School of Agriculture cost $482 per credit. Students accepted into the Associate of Science degree may have access to financial aid. For more information, see: Financial Aid.
Other Options: If you are interested in a graduate level online Certificate, please see the Tufts University program. If you are not interested in earning college credit, there are many non-credited workshops and short courses you can take outside of the university. For a list see: non-university workshops and courses.