The Stockbridge School of Agriculture is proud of our passionate and engaged students in Sustainable Food and Farming. Stockbridge encourages students to “learn by doing” and we would like to share some of the things we are doing with you – especially if you….
- love to be outdoors
- enjoy good food
- care about healthy people and community
- want to study sustainable food and farming systems
Here are some student-organized events which we thought you might enjoy….
The Franklin Permaculture Garden
Volunteer at the Franklin Permaculture Garden
Sponsored by the UMass Bee Club
Saturday, April 2 the UMass Amherst Beekeeping Club will help us redefine our relationship with bees and create a new paradigm of caring for bees.This event is FREE for UMass Students. $20 for public.
More Sustainable Food and Farming Events
Monday, April 4 the Spiritual Ecology and Regenerative Systems Initiative will sponsor a DIY Herbal Spa Workshop in French Hall room 102. Come and make your own herbal body care products.
Wednesday, April 6 the UMass Student Farm will have its Spring Farmers Market and Celebration. Music, vendors, food and fun. Stop by the Cape Cod Lounge any time from 12:00 noon – 4:00pm to join the fun and check them out!
Wednesday, April 6 a group of students in the Sustainable Food and Farming major will sponsor a New Farmer Panel and Expo at the Earth Foods Cafe, right after the Farmers Market on the same day. The will run from 4:00-6:00pm. Join us!
And still more…
Amherst Sustainability Festival
On Saturday, April 16 students in the Sustainable Food and Farming major will be teaching workshops at the annual Amherst Sustainability Festival between 10:00am and 4:00pm on the Amherst Commons. Here are a few workshops:
- Natural Deodorant Making
- Biochar Face-mask Workshop
- Gluten and Dairy-Free Living
- Planting Seeds for Kids
Please stop by the festival and join in the fun!
Earth Day at UMass
Stop by the Stockbridge School of Agriculture booth for fun and educational stuff on Earth Day at UMass, April 22 from 9:00am-6:00pm at the Student Union North Lawn!
- To stay connected or hear about more events like this…. please join our Facebook Group… Sustainable Food and Farming.
- To see more of the “hands-on” projects of students in the Sustainable Food and Farming major check out STUDENT PROJECTS.…. and get involved!
- For information on the fastest growing major at UMass and the largest sustainable agriculture program in the nation, check out our “official” web page at:
Sustainable Food and Farming at UMass (where students have more fun)
One thought on “Spring Events at UMass Amherst in Sustainable Food and Farming”
Sounds cool, UMASS is hitting the nail on the head when it comes to sustainable food practices!