We hope you can join us in some of the exciting campus and community events happening as we wrap up our spring semester!
Learn about our Major
April 19th – Sustainable Food & Farming Meet & Greet
- 6:30-8pm, UMass Paige Laboratory, Room 202
- Come learn about majoring (or double majoring) in SFF!
Our Spring Workshops
April 18th –Walk Away from Your Stress Workshop
- 5-7pm, Renaissance Garden @ UMass Agricultural Learning Center
- 650 East Pleasant Street, Amherst MA
- Join Megan Saraceno, SFF Student, to practice and discuss tools for stress management & nature connection
April 21st– Power in Our Bodies for Environmental Action Workshop
- 12:30-1:30pm , UMass Earth Day Festival, Student Union North Lawn
- Join Jackie Montminy, SFF student, in 20 minutes of kickboxing and discussion about impactful ways to make positive change!
April 22nd– Gluten Free & Sugar Alternatives in Cooking & Baking Workshop
- 12-1pm, Amherst Sustainability Festival Demo Area, Town Common
- Join Megan Brockelbank, SFF student, share practical tips & tools for cooking & baking with alternatives
April 22nd– The Capitalist Ecological Crisis & How to Fight It Workshop
- 3-4pm, Amherst Sustainability Festival Climate Transformer Space, Town Common
- Join Ezra Marcus & Sean Tousey-Pfarrer discuss systems change & environmental activism
April 22nd– Rethinking Local Food Systems: A Community Potluck
- 4-7pm, Community Room Quarry Hill, East Longmeadow MA
- Join Sierra Torres & Nancy Buddington in an engaging discussion, demo and potluck featuring local food
April 25th– Connecting With Compassion: An Evening of Authentic Relating Games
- 6-7:30pm, UMass French Hall room 102
- Join Erin O’Brien in an engaging session of inquiry, games, and discussion about creating a more compassionate world
Celebrate with Our Seniors
April 28th– Rise and Shine with Stockbridge Seniors
- 8:30-9:15am, UMass Campus Center Auditorium
- Join Stockbridge Seniors share their Sustainable Food & Farming focused research at the UMass Undergraduate Research Fair. Free coffee!
For more information on the Bachelor of Sciences degree in Sustainable Food and Farming, see: SFF Major.